(updated November 30, 2021)
The following outlines the COVID-19 related policies and procedures of Bedford Playhouse which shall be effective beginning September 23, 2021 with updates effective December 6, 2021.
Bedford Playhouse is committed to complying with applicable laws concerning equal employment opportunities and public accommodations. In the event an employee or member of the public requires a reasonable accommodation to these requirements due to a disability or sincerely held religious belief, such individual should contact our Executive Director, Michael Hoagland: ExecDirector@bedfordplayhouse.org.
- During hours when the Playhouse is open to the public, masks must be worn by all patrons and staff, regardless of vaccination status, while moving about the building.
- Once patrons are seated in an auditorium or the café, they may remove their mask.
- Staff may remove masks when in non-public areas of the building, but must maintain proper social distance from other employees while unmasked.
- Disposable masks will be available for those patrons and staff who forgot to bring one.
- Effective December 6, 2021, Bedford Playhouse will require all persons age 5 and older to be vaccinated to enter the Playhouse.
- People over the age of 11 must be fully vaccinated, while children ages 5-11 may enter with single vaccination. Children under 5 must be accompanied by a fully vaccinated parent/guardian and remain masked at all times.
- This policy is in effect for all showtimes, events, rentals, the Playhouse Café and bar.
- Proof of vaccination may include your vaccination card, a legible copy of the card on your phone, or the New York State Excelsior Pass, PLUS your photo ID. Both of these items must be presented for admission in person when you arrive at the theater. Results from COVID testing will not be accepted. We ask that patrons have their documents ready to present at the door upon arrival. Patrons will not be permitted inside the facility without proof of vaccination.
- BP’s Mask policy will remain in effect on all days.
- Special vaccination signage will be posted at the entrance to the facility reminding patrons to have verification of vaccination status along with proper identification.
- No deliveries or service calls will be accepted beginning two hours prior to the first showtime.
- Patrons may register their vaccination cards with Bedford Playhouse at the Box Office during normal Box Office hours. Once patrons are registered, they need only show their valid state ID to gain entry.
Weekly Staff Testing
- Beginning September 28, 2021, all staff, regardless of vaccination status, are required to take weekly COVID-19 Antigen tests. These rapid tests will be provided onsite by Bedford Playhouse at no cost to staff.
- Any employee testing positive will be required to take a second test to confirm status. If positive results are confirmed, the infected staff member will be sent home and advised to contact their physician. Affected staff members will not be allowed on property until a negative test result has been received.
- Should a staff member test positive, contact tracing procedures will immediately go into effect.
Private Pod Screenings
- Bedford Playhouse is offering “Private Pod Screenings” in all theaters. Patrons can rent one of the theaters for a pod screening during regularly scheduled showtimes.