(updated September 22, 2021)
The following outlines the COVID-19 related policies and procedures of Bedford Playhouse (“BPH”) which shall be effective beginning September 23, 2021.
- During hours when BPH is open to the public, masks must be worn by all patrons and staff, regardless of vaccination status, while moving about the building.
- Once patrons are seated in an auditorium or the café, they may remove their mask.
- Staff may remove masks when in non-public areas of the building, but must maintain proper social distance from other employees while unmasked.
- Disposable masks will be available for those patrons and staff who forgot to bring one.
- Thursdays will serve as vaccination-only days (“Vax Days”) at BPH. On these days, we will require proof of COVID-19 vaccination paired with valid photo identification prior to entering the facility. All on-premises staff on Vax Days will be fully vaccinated.
- Proof of vaccination may include your vaccination card, a legible copy of the card on your phone, or the New York State Excelsior Pass, PLUS your photo ID. Both of these items must be presented for admission in person when you arrive at the theater. Results from COVID testing will not be accepted. We ask that patrons have their documents ready to present at the door upon arrival. Patrons will not be permitted inside the facility without proof of vaccination.
- BPH’s Mask policy will remain in effect on Vax Days.
- Special Vax Days signage will be posted at the entrance to the facility reminding patrons to have verification of vaccination status along with proper identification.
- No deliveries or service calls will be accepted beginning two hours prior to the first showtime on Vax Days.
- Additional Vax Days, or individual vaccinated-only screenings, may be added periodically. Vax Days will be listed on the individual showtimes on the BPH website.
- Patrons may register their vaccination cards with BPH at the Box Office during normal Box Office hours. Once patrons are registered, they need only show their valid state ID to gain entry on Vax Days
Weekly Staff Testing
- Beginning September 28, 2021, all staff, regardless of vaccination status, are required to take weekly COVID-19 Antigen tests. These rapid tests will be provided onsite by BPH at no cost to staff.
- Any employee testing positive will be required to take a second test to confirm status. If positive results are confirmed, the infected staff member will be sent home and advised to contact their physician. Affected staff members will not be allowed on property until a negative test result has been received.
- Should a staff member test positive, contact tracing procedures will immediately go into effect.
Private Pod Screenings
- BPH is offering “Private Pod Screenings” in all theaters. Patrons can rent one of the theaters for a pod screening during regularly scheduled showtimes.