Join Us On October 8, 2022!
The Yellow Brick Road Fest is a family fundraiser to benefit the 501(c)(3) Bedford Playhouse. The Wizard of Oz themed festival is complete with clever activities & crafts for kids, fun prizes, a Kansas-style picnic barbecue buffet provided by Pound Ridge Market, and an outdoor screening of the 1939 classic, Wizard of Oz, on our state of the art 40 foot giant screen under the stars!
The festival will be a fun community experience for friends and families of all demographics:
- Starting at 5:00 PM, attendees will meet at the 18th century historic Maple Grove Farm in Bedford, NY to check-in and receive an activity card for the chance to win fabulous prizes.
- At each activity, participants will be asked to complete a Wizard of Oz themed task to receive a sticker of completion. Participants who complete all activities will be entered into our raffle.
- Don’t miss out a Wizard of Oz costume prize contest, face painting and more!
- All this followed by a picnic BBQ buffet and movie viewing. Guests should plan to bring blankets and lawn chairs to set up their own picnic area on the lawn.
- The BBQ buffet provided by Pound Ridge Market is included in the ticket price. Wine, Beer and Speciality cocktails will be available for purchase at the bar.
- In addition, Bedford Playhouse will offer amazing concessions for the movie—including our famous popcorn and candy!
Interested in having a Picnic Table for more comfort? Choose our VIP section for an elevated picnic experience.
Don’t miss out on the Yellow Brick Road Film Contest! Quick Details below and full details here.
This family fundraiser will ensure the Bedford Playhouse can continue to offer diverse programming, including independent and art house films, author series, speaker events, music performances, art exhibits, educational offerings and more. The Playhouse programming reach is broad and provides programs to all demographics including at-risk and under-served communities throughout Westchester and online around the world.
Announcing the Yellow Brick Road Film Contest!
Katonah Connect and Bedford Playhouse announce the Yellow Brick Road film contest. Students entering grades 5th – 12th in the fall are encouraged to produce a family-friendly short film inspired by The Wizard of Oz. One winner in each category (Dorothy, grades 5-8; Glenda, grades 9 -12) will receive Family Ticket Package to the Yellow Brick Road. Two runner-ups in each category will receive 4 Movie Tickets to the Bedford Playhouse. The contest is free to enter. Entries will be accepted July 1 – September 18. More information HERE.
For event and/or sponsorship information, contact:
firstname.lastname@example.org or 914-234-6704 x111
In case of inclement weather, YBRF will be held on Sunday October 9, 2022.