VOB Film Festival
Run Time: 120 min.
The Village of Brewster Film Festival (VOBFF) will screen four short films and one feature film, followed by a meet + greet with several of the filmmakers at Bedford Playhouse on Thursday, August 22nd. Each film has been carefully selected by a juried panel over several months. The films selected to be screened at Bedford Playhouse include WanderLust, Asian F, The Villager, It’s Time For Tea and Myth. Genres range from crime to animation, to drama and comedy.
Director: Regina Cicone & Kat Smith
Director: Jaemin Choi
Director: Ian Ortiz
Genre: Crime/Film Noir/Drama
Director: Matthew J. Kaplan
Genre: Dark Comedy/Drama/Fantasy
Director: Brian DiLorenzo
- Asian F (2018, Animation) – A young girl’s life becomes a living nightmare when she brings home a B on a test in this animated short.
- The Villager (2017, Crime/Film Noir/Drama) – In this crime drama, a conflicted businessman in search of a new life falls for a young, ambitious woman who inspires him to change. But he discovers their circles are closer than he initially thought or hoped. Will she be his way out or his downfall?
- WanderLust (2014, Animation) – Get packing with this animated musical about a suitcase that wants to go out and explore beautiful Paris, but is trapped inside with its workaholic owner.
- It’s Time for Tea (2019, Dark Comedy/Drama/Fantasy) – In an attempt to process the loss of their young daughter: Rebecca chooses to repress her pain, while Allen regresses to their child’s age in order to replace her. Can an unconventional therapist bring Allen back?
- Myth (2019, Drama/Comedy) – A lonely college student encounters his idol — the strange and elusive director of his favorite film Myth. When the director recruits him for a new project, his life is is sent spiraling into chaos.