This Is Your Playhouse
The Bedford Playhouse is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit, and depends on contributions from the community to fulfill our mission. Support us today!
Bedford Playhouse provides a vibrant, state of the art cinema, cultural center and community hub, featuring outstanding films, arts-related programming, educational offerings and a fun, welcoming space to relax and socialize.
Bedford Playhouse first opened its doors in 1947. As we approach our 75th anniversary, we celebrate our rich history. We began operation as a simple movie theater and operated as such for over seventy year. In 2015 the theater went dark. After nearly a year of being dark, a grassroots operation, led by Bedford resident, John Farr, began with the goal of transforming the space into a not-for-profit arts house cinema, cultural center and community hub. The newly renovated Bedford Playhouse and Clive David Arts center proudly re-opened its doors in September 2018.
A typical year at Bedford Playhouse includes:
- 26 Art House Films
- 23 Live performances
- 23 Screenings with actors, filmmakers, and experts
- 17 Social Impact Programs
- 17 Feature Films
- 14 Community Partnerships.
There are many ways to get involved with the Playhouse!
- Donate to Bedford Playhouse. Donate today!
- Become a Member! Membership has its perks. We depend on members to bring you amazing programming. Sign up now for membership!
- Become a Sponsor! Interested in becoming a sponsor? Please contact Nancy Walton at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Volunteer! Interested in getting more involved? Please contact Nancy Walton at email@example.com.